Central Party School of the Communist Party of China
|Central Party School of the Communist Party of China|
|Type||Communist Party of China|
|Affiliations||Central Committee of the Communist Party of China|
The Party School of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (simplified Chinese: 中共中央党校; traditional Chinese: 中共中央黨校; pinyin: Zhōnggòng Zhōngyāng Dǎngxiào) in Beijing, also known as the Central Party School, is the higher education institution which specifically trains new officials for the Communist Party of China. As of October 03, 2007, it has about 1,300 students. The current president is Liu Yunshan.
The Party School was established as the CPC Central Committee's Marx School of Communism (simplified Chinese: 中共中央马克思共产主义学校; traditional Chinese: 中共中央馬克思共產主義學校; pinyin: Zhōnggòng Zhōngyāng Mǎkèsī Gòngchǎnzhǔyì Xuéxiào) in Ruijin, Jiangxi in 1933. It folded when the Red Army left on the Long March and was revived again once the CPC leadership had arrived and settled in Shaanxi, northwest China, in the winter of 1936. It was now renamed the Central Party School. The School was suspended in 1947 when the CPC retreated from Yan'an. It was re-opened in 1948.
The location of the school is now in Haidian district, Beijing close to the Old Summer Palace and Summer Palace. 100 Dayouzhuang Street, Haidian district, Beijing. The school publishes Study Times, an influential party journal.
- Li Weihan (李维汉): 1933-1935
- Dong Biwu (董必武): 1935-1937
- Li Weihan (李维汉): 1937-1938
- Kang Sheng (康生): 1938-1939
- Deng Fa (邓发): 1939-1942
- Mao Zedong: 1942-1947
- Liu Shaoqi (刘少奇): 1948-1953
- Kai Feng (凯丰): 1953-1954
- Li Zhuoran (李卓然): 1954-1955
- Yang Xianzhen (杨献珍): 1955-1961
- Wang Congwu (王从吾): 1961-1963
- Lin Feng (林枫): 1963-1966
- Hua Guofeng (华国锋): 1977-1982
- Wang Zhen (王震): 1982-1987
- Gao Yang (高扬): 1987-1989
- Qiao Shi (乔石): 1989-1993
- Hu Jintao (胡锦涛): 1993-2002
- Zeng Qinghong (曾庆红): 2002-2007
- Xi Jinping (习近平): 2007-2013
- Liu Yunshan (刘云山): 2013-incumbent
- Yan'an Rectification Movement
- Center of Comparative Studies on Political Parties of the Central Party School
- Liu, Alan P. L. 2009. "Rebirth and Secularization of the Central Party School in China." The China Journal (62): 105-0_5. http://search.proquest.com/docview/222740035?accountid=12629.
- Shambaugh, David. 2008. "Training Chinas Political Elite: The Party School System." The China Quarterly 196 (03057410): 827-844. doi:10.1017/S0305741008001148. http://search.proquest.com/docview/229490701?accountid=12629.
|This page contains information from Wikipedia (view authors). It has been modified so that it meets Communpedia's standards.||WP|