Islamophobia is the irrational fear and hatred of all Muslims, which is not the same thing as criticism of Islam. Islamophobia is widely viewed as a "divide-and-conquer" means of dividing the working class through religion, similar to other forms of bigotry such as racism, national chauvinism, and anti-Semitism.
Islamophobia in the United States—and the West in general—is increasing because of terrorist attacks carried out by Islamic extremists. However, it is known that the U.S. government has occasionally made false accusations of Islam-related terrorism. Also, the Western media has tried to either deny or condone terrorist attacks carried out by Zionist extremists.
Islamophobia and anti-semitism
In Britain, Pat Condell, an atheist writer, stated his fear that Britain—and Europe as a whole—is "becoming Islamic". Even though studies show that only 5.0% of British people are Muslim and 0.1% of all Muslims are British.
What Islamophobia has caused
Islamophobia, as a form of religious discrimination, has caused people to develop hate or fear toward adherents of Islam. In August 25, 2010, a man asked a cab driver, named Ahmed Sharif, if he was a Muslim. He was stabbed when he answered yes.
A Muslim interfaith community center was being built near Ground Zero and people wanted it gone. Not noting that it is not a mosque, and so opposition to its construction violates religious freedom.
Islamophobia and Criticism of Religion
Marx accurately referred to religion as "the opiate of the masses." Religion is a tool of social control used by the prevailing elite to prevent revolution, and this applies to much Islamic ideology also. Some Islamic socialists may argue, however, that as Islam was founded as a means of forcibly taking property from those hording it, it is compatible with revolution. Furthermore, Islam has a concept of "jizaya", the notion of forcing non-believers to pay a protection tax, similar to Obama's National Healthcare Bill. This may be seen as compatible with Marxist theories of raising taxes on the rich. Ultimately if everyone paid taxes, everyone would get equal treatment and equal benefit. Islam has been a powerful force in resisting American imperialism throughout the Middle-East. By trying to persecute Islam, Capitalists are merely acknowledging the threat it poses to their interests which is why Islamophobia should be exposed and defeated.
Criticism of Islamic teachings, in particular some of its homophobic, anti-Semitic and sexist aspects, should not be construed as 'Islamophobia'. Dislike for religion itself is not the same thing as irrational hatred of its adherents.
- Are Palestinian children less worthy? - Al Jazeera.
- Islamic cultural terrorism by patcondell - YouTube
- Welcome to Saudi Britain by patcondell - YouTube
- BNP's Griffin: Islam is a cancer - YouTube
- List of countries by Muslim population - Wikipedia.
- BNP and Islamophobia. Stop the BNP
- The BNP, anti-semitism and Islamophobia. Islamophobia Watch
- Muslim Cabdriver Stabbed in New York Bias Attack. Newsweek.
- "Student Arraigned in Anti-Muslim Stabbing of Cabdriver", New York Times, August 25, 2010.
- 3 Reasons the Ground Zero Mosque Debate Makes No Sense. Cracked.com
- Muslim Victims of 9/11 Attack. Islam, About.com
- Muslim victims of 9/11.
- "For families of Muslim 9/11 victims, a new pain". USA Today.
- Muslim victims of 9/11 deserve a mosque. NJ.com
- Video on Islamophobia by AtheismCentral - YouTube.