- References for the information in this article could be improved
|Zelenograd In English|
Зеленоград In Russian
- City -|
Administrative Okrug of Moscow
Zelenograd on the map of Moscow
|Administratively subordinated to||Moscow|
|Area||37.22 km2 (14.37 sq mi)|
|Population (2010 Census,
|Population (2002 Census)||215,727 inhabitants|
|Density||6,016 /km2 (15,580 /sq mi)|
|Time zone||MSK (UTC+04:00)|
|Founded||March 3, 1958|
|City status since||January 15, 1963|
|Postal code(s)||124xxx|
|Dialing code(s)||+7 (495), (499)|
Zelenograd (Russian Wp→: Зеленогра́д, lit. Green City) is a city Wp→, which, along with the territories and settlements under its jurisdiction, forms one of the administrative okrugs Wp→ of Moscow - Zelenograd Administrative Okrug (ZelAO). It is located 37 kilometers (23 mi)from the center of the Russian capital along Leningradskoye Shosse Wp→ highway. The city color is green Wp→ and its emblemic animal is the squirrel Wp→ (more precisely Sciurus vulgaris Wp→).
Before 1989 Zelenograd was a de-facto closed city in some aspects: it was prohibited to take photos in the central parts of the city, near the plants, teaching and research facilities and the foreigners were not admitted into the city.
Zelenograd was one of the most powerful centers of electronics Wp→, microelectronics Wp→ and computer industry Wp→ in the Soviet Union, and it still plays a similar role in modern Russia. It was developed as a reflection of the California Silicon Valley Wp→ and known also as Soviet/Russian Silicon Valley.
The Skhodnya River Wp→ originates near the village of Alabushevo (one of settlements, which are under Zelenograd jurisdiction) and forms three ponds within the precincts of city: Water-tower Wp→ Pond (School Lake), Small and Large City Pond.
Zelenograd was founded in 1958 and planned as center of textile industry initially. In 1962 Alexander Shokin Wp→ (Chairman of State Committee of Electronic Technology, then first Minister of Electronic Technology) proposed to change the line of future city business to electronics. According to Steve Usdin writing in Engineering Communism the city was authorized by Nikita Khrushchev and founded by Alfred Sarant (Soviet pseudonym Philip Staros) and Joel Barr (Joseph Berg), American engineers who had spied for the Soviet Union in the 1940s.
As Zelenograd was built de novo on a previously empty, forested place, its architecture and civic layout yields to one general architectural plan Wp→ (chief architects Igor Rozhin Wp→ (1956–1963), then Igor Pokrovsky Wp→ (1963–2002)).
In 1988, Zelenograd incorporated the former village of Kryukovo Wp→, one of the important sites during the Battle of Moscow (October 1941 – January 1942). Several monuments to the Defenders of Moscow and the heroes of the Great Patriotic War are located in Zelenograd and the surrounding area, the most famous of which is the Shtyki Memorial, from which the remains of the Unknown Soldier were taken for reinterment at the Kremlin Wall in the Alexander Garden in Moscow.
- References would improve this section
Zelenograd is home to the National Research University of Electronic Technology (MIET), which is largest organization of city.
Zelenograd was headquarters of Sitronics Wp→ Concerne since its founding in 1997 until 2005 (when its headquarters moved to Moscow). Now the city is the headquarters of its microelectroniс solutions department. The leading company of the department is NIIME and Mikron Wp→ (Mikron) - the one of two largest Russian integrated circuit Wp→s manufacturers. Also the city is the headquarters of Angstrem Wp→, which is another largest Russian ICs manufacturer.
Zelenograd is one of technical-innovative type Special economic zones. SEZ "Zelenograd" consists of 2 areas: Area "Alabushevo" (141.87 ha), a main area for new plants and research centers and Area "MIET" (4.47 ha), a technology park (mostly MIET spin-off enterprises).
Zelenograd is divided into five districts.
- Matushkino Wp→ (Матушкино), earlier Number 1
- Savyolki Wp→ (Савёлки), earlier Number 2
- Staroye Kryukovo Wp→ (Старое Крюково), earlier Number 3
- Silino Wp→ (Силино), earlier Number 4
- Kryukovo Wp→ (Крюково)
A local soccer team Zelenograd Wp→ (nickname — Zeleno-Belye (Green-Whites)) was founded in 2002 and in 2007-2010 had been playing in the Russian Second Division. A local rugby team Zelenograd was founded in 2006 and played in Russian Rugby Championship 2008 (but it could not get to Championship 2009).
Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology Wp→ (MIET)
- Landing ship Caesar Kunikov Wp→, Black Sea Fleet (since 1998)
- Nuclear submarine Zelenograd Wp→, Pacific Ocean Fleet (1998–2010, retired)
- Supply ship Berezina, Black Sea Fleet (1995–1997, retired)
- Law of the city of Moscow #13-47 of July 5, 1995 On Territorial Division of the City of Moscow with subsequent amendments In Russian
- Prefect Page. Official website of Zelenograd Administrative Okrug In Russian
- Федеральная служба государственной статистики (Federal State Statistics Service). Информационные материалы об окончательных итогах Всероссийской переписи населения 2010 года (Information on the final results of the 2010 All-Russian Population Census). Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года (2010 All-Russia Population Census). Federal State Statistics Service. URL accessed on February 9, 2012.
- Федеральная служба государственной статистики (Federal State Statistics Service). Численность населения России, субъектов Российской Федерации в составе федеральных округов, районов, городских поселений, сельских населённых пунктов – районных центров и сельских населённых пунктов с населением 3 тысячи и более человек (Population of Russia, its federal districts, federal subjects, districts, urban localities, rural localities—administrative centers, and rural localities with population of over 3,000). Всероссийская перепись населения 2002 года (All-Russia Population Census of 2002). Federal State Statistics Service. URL accessed on February 9, 2012.
- The value of density was calculated automatically by dividing the 2010 Census population by the area specified in the infobox. Please note that this value may not be accurate as the area specified in the infobox does not necessarily correspond to the area of the entity proper or is reported for the same year as the population.
- Правительство Российской Федерации. Постановление №725 от 31 августа 2011 г. «О составе территорий, образующих каждую часовую зону, и порядке исчисления времени в часовых зонах, а также о признании утратившими силу отдельных Постановлений Правительства Российской Федерации». Вступил в силу по истечении 7 дней после дня официального опубликования. Опубликован: "Российская Газета", №197, 6 сентября 2011 г. (Government of the Russian Federation. Resolution #725 of August 31, 2011 On the Composition of the Territories Included into Each Time Zone and on the Procedures of Timekeeping in the Time Zones, as Well as on Abrogation of Several Resolutions of the Government of the Russian Federation. Effective as of after 7 days following the day of the official publication.).
- The same as Moscow dialing codes
|This page contains information from Wikipedia (view authors). It has been modified so that it meets Communpedia's standards.||WP|