Difference between revisions of "Communist Party USA"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 13:15, 22 June 2016
|Communist Party USA|
235 W. 23rd Street|
New York 10011
|Youth wing||Young Communist League USA|
|Membership||est. 2,000 (2011)|
|International affiliation||International Meeting of Communist and Workers' Parties|
The Communist Party USA (CPUSA) is a communist party in the United States. The party was aligned with the Soviet Union for most of its history and was heavily attacked during the Cold War and the Red Scare.
In 2013 the party was engaged in dialogue regarding Left Unity with other Marxist organizations in the United States, the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism, Democratic Socialists of America, and the Freedom Road Socialist Organization regarding possibilities for cooperation and even collaboration or affiliation. The club in Houston does not approve and has launched an autonomous website.
- Joseph Berger. "Workers of the World, Please See Our Web Site", New York Times.
- "Whither the Socialist Left? Thinking the “Unthinkable” essay by Mark Solomon in Political Affairs March 20 2013, reprinted from Portside
- "Commentary: Save the Party" houstoncommunistparty.com January 30, 2010
- CPUSA supports Obama and Congressional Democrats. Canada Free Press
- CPUSA's website
- YouTube Channel
- "Rethinking the History and Future of the Communist Party" commentary by Gerald Horne in People's World April 6 2007