File:Salt Of The Earth Poster.jpg
|Non-free media information and use rationale - non-free video cover for Salt of the Earth|
This is the VHS cover art for Slat of the Earth. The cover art copyright is believed to belong to the distributor, Independent Productions, the publisher of the video or the studio which produced the video.
Video cover of film: Salt of the Earth. Film is now in public domain.
Source: From Amazon.com, 1/2" VHS cover
The entire front cover. Because the image is cover art, a form of product packaging, the entire image is needed to identify the product, properly convey the meaning and branding intended, and avoid tarnishing or misrepresenting the image.
The copy is of sufficient resolution for commentary and identification but lower resolution than the original video cover. Copies made from it will be of inferior quality, unsuitable as artwork on pirate versions or other uses that would compete with the commercial purpose of the original artwork.
|Purpose of use||
Main infobox. The image is used for identification in the context of critical commentary of the work for which it serves as cover art. It makes a significant contribution to the user's understanding of the article, which could not practically be conveyed by words alone. The image is placed in the infobox at the top of the article discussing the work, to show the primary visual image associated with the work, and to help the user quickly identify the work and know they have found what they are looking for. Use for this purpose does not compete with the purposes of the original work, namely the video cover creator's ability to provide video cover design services and in turn marketing video to the public.
As a video cover, the image is not replaceable by free content; any other image that shows the packaging of the video would also be copyrighted, and any version that is not true to the original would be inadequate for identification or commentary.
Fair use rationale for Salt of the Earth
- No free equivalent exists that would serve the same encyclopedic purpose.
- The image is not used in a manner that is likely to replace the original market role of the original copyrighted media.
- The image is only used once and is rendered in low resolution to avoid piracy.
- The image has been published outside Communpedia; see source above.
- The image meets general Communpedia content requirements and is encyclopedic.
- The image meets Communpedia's media-specific policy.
- The image is used in the article wiki-linked in the section title.
- The image is significant in identifying the subject of the article, which is the film itself.
- The image is used in the article namespace.
- The image provides attribution to the source material, includes a copyright tag, and identifies the name of the article in which the image is used.
| This image is the cover of a videotape, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, etc. and the copyright for it is most likely owned by either the publisher of the video or the studio which produced the video in question. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images of video covers
|This page contains information from Wikipedia (view authors). It has been modified so that it meets Communpedia's standards.||WP|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||19:44, 20 May 2016|
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
|267 × 475 (31 KB)||Maintenance script||Importing file|
- You cannot overwrite this file.