War on science
The War on Science has been quite successful with respect to climate change resulting in general public rejection of well-founded scientific findings. Opposition to evolution, not so much. Significant changes in both business practices and life-style would be necessary to significantly mitigate predicted climate change which result from massive releases of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere due to industrialization.
Reaction to Marxism
Of long standing is the reaction of capitalist scholars to the economic discoveries of Karl Marx. Denial of basic laws of capitalist development continue despite repeated economic crises associated with concentration of wealth, falling rates of profit, and mass unemployment.
The left has its own "war on science" usually expressed as resistance to some corporate product or practice such as fracking or genetically modified organisms, GMOs, which supposedly causes enormous environmental damage.
- "The anti-GMO campaign’s dangerous war on science" blog by Michael Eisen June 1, 2012
- " The Liberals' War on Science: How politics distorts science on both ends of the spectrum" commentary by Michael Shermer in Scientific American January 21, 2013
- Amy Harmon. "Golden Rice: Lifesaver?" (News Analysis), August 24, 2013. Retrieved on August 25, 2013.
- "NASA faked the moon landing—Therefore (Climate) Science is a Hoax: An Anatomy of the Motivated Rejection of Science" Stephan Lewandowsky University of Western Australia; Klaus Oberauer University of Zurich and University of Western Australia; Gilles Gignac University of Western Australia (in press, Psychological Science)
- "Ahead of IPCC Climate Report, Skeptic Groups Launch Global Anti-Science Campaign: Leading scientists will soon tell the world they're 95% certain that humans are driving global warming. Skeptics are busy trying to sow any doubt." by Katherine Bagley, InsideClimate News, September 18, 2013